Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What a bunch of tits

Los Angeles' Animal Services agency have come in for criticism because, amongst other things, they were the only department not to have completed last year's sexual harassment survey. Presumably they were too busy gassing dogs, cats and other residents of Skid Row to sit in a room with some lesbian feminist called Eunice discussing whether having one's leg humped by a Jack Russell constituted sexual harassment, and if so how much compensation they could screw out of the City.

Now they're in trouble with the rest of the council for trying to save the taxpayer a bit of cash by having a whip around at Hooters. The spuriously-pious PC elite hated the idea. Well, I hate them. Exploitative, my arse - the woman in that poster probably earns more cash in a single photo shoot than I earn in a month, but I don't see anyone rallying to my cause.

Would anyone from the City Council like to complain about the bikini-clad pictures that typically adorn LA tourist literature, or censor the Hollywood film industry for being exploitative? No, I didn't think so - there's more money to be made from hypocrisy, and more fun to be had killing stray animals.

If I was in charge of the neutering campaign, I'd start with the sexless reactionaries in the City Controller's office.

An apparently offensive human body, dressed for a day at the beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home