Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I couldn't give a $$$$ about the US economy

Bollocks to Greenspan. Just as the Dollar was strengthening enough to make dealings with the warm bosom of my Motherland viable, the Federal Reserve goes and puts up interest rates. By next Thursday the Dollar will be back to its usual paltry exchange rate. Oh, sure, there are those who harp on about the need for inflationary control and a stable economy, the same people who ring their hands about the balance of payments, but I am not one of them. After all, if the economy here goes tits-up in a few years time I can always hop on a plane back to England, and leave America to its misery.

All I care about is getting a decent bang for my buck. I should never have invested so much faith in my Dong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home