Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Po-Dunk

There are occasions, rarely, when I wonder if I'm just a little bit negative, just a little bit harsh on the world. Usually though, I find someone who engages some sufficiently ludicrous activity to reassure me. Take the example of the Florida man who has spent the last two years sticking used ice-lolly sticks together to make a Viking longboat. Perhaps unsurprisingly, 45 year old Robert McDonald is quoted as saying 'I never want to look at glue again'.

It reminds of a man I met recently. The exact details are hazy, I'd been drinking for some time, but he was holidaying in a cabin 20 miles from the nearest town (if it could be called that) to tie flies. Not to fish with them, you understand, merely to tie them. Apparently, his home town of Casper, WY is too much of distraction from the intricate joys of the Colonel's Lady and the Stimulator. With it's population of 50,000, diverse ethnic community (91.3% white non-Hispanic) and 'vibrant entertainment district', one can well see why.

I know you think I make this stuff up, but honestly it's all out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home